Conducting the general practice of law...
Thomas James Corbin was admitted to the practice of law, in Ohio, in 1978. Since then he has conducted a private practice, general in nature. He attended Ohio University, in Athens, Ohio, where he received a Bachelor of Arts Degree, majoring in history. While at Ohio University he was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa.
His legal education was at Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, where he received the Juris Doctor Degree. While at Capital he was inducted into the Order of the Curia.
He is licensed to practice before all the Courts of Ohio, and before the United States Supreme Court.
Although he employs a number of paralegals and/or legal assistants, he remains a sole practitioner. His goal is to give individualized attention to the needs and the concerns of each of his clients.
Mr. Corbin is a lifelong resident of Lancaster, Ohio where he resides with his wife. He is the father of two children.
Capital University Law School:
Degree: Juris Doctor, 1978 Honors: Order of the Curia, Scholastic honorary fraternity for students of the law
Ohio University, Athens:
Degree: Bachelor of Arts, 1975 Honors: graduated Summa Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa, honorary fraternity for the students of the liberal arts; Phi Alpha Theta, honorary fraternity for historians; Phi Kappa Theta, honorary fraternity.
Associations & Community Services (present/past):
- Member, Fairfield County Bar Association
- Member, State of Ohio Bar Association
- Admitted to practice law before the United States Supreme Court
- Past Chairman, Fairfield County Historical Parks Commission
- Past President, Fairfield County Heritage Association
- Member, First Presbyterian Church
- Member, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Recipient of the Ohio University Distinguished Service Award
- Adjunct Professor (Ohio University) Lancaster
- Corporate Sponsor, Earth Angels Foundation, Inc.
- Member, Ohio Decorative Arts Association